At Beauty Binge, we always love to share our tips and tricks for a healthy and conscious lifestyle. After all, self-care is a must.
Let’s talk solid cosmetics! You’ve probably seen solid bars around that looked similar to soap bars but had different uses like shampoo, conditioners and cleansers. They’re an interesting concept that have gained popularity over the years. So what makes them so special?
WHAT ARE SOLID COSMETICS?
A solid cosmetic, is simply a product that doesn’t have water as a base. They usually have an oil base such as coconut oil, and since they do not contain any water they are free from preservatives.
These cosmetics can in the form of toothpaste, shampoo, conditioners and of course soap.
WHY SHOULD WE USE SOLID COSMETICS?
Solid cosmetics have many advantages over liquid cosmetics. So what are these benefits?
- Since they are solid they do not need plastic bottles and can be wrapped in eco friendly and biodegradable packaging.
- They have concentrated ingredients for optimal benefits.
- They are eco-friendly as they help reduce water consumption.
- They last twice as long as traditional shampoos making them more cost efficient.
- They are travel friendly and take up less space than traditional shampoos, conditioners and toothpaste. Plus, you won’t have to worry about spilling any in your bag.
- Since they do not require any preservatives or emollients they are free from paragons, silicones, sulphates and all toxic ingredients.
- They are very easy to incorporate into your daily routine for anyone looking for clean and conscious everyday swaps.
- They are very easy to maintain! Just keep them in cool and dry environment 🙂
Our favorite solid products: